Friday, March 21, 2008

A Sad and Crazy Night





* This happend last Wednesday, March 19, 2008.

After a very tiring graduation practice, Janille and I decided to have an ultimate girl bonding. We went to SM and ate some icy food (whatever you call it) at the third floor. Well, I was crying earlier (due to a certain reason) and Janille was trying to make me feel better. At around 6 pm we went to PLDT to meet some friends because we will be having an honoring session that night, for Aldrin’s Birthday.

People at PLDT were already dying in boredom when we arrived. The ones who were assigned to fetch us were still not around thus we thought of many crazy things to do. Since we had 3 cameras with us, we had some pictorial session at the side of the highway (wow, what an idea). Some poses were hilarious but mostly were scandalous (well, not that scandalous.. just plain stupid). It was really crazy, we were laughing wildly and people were staring at us. Due to that, I was able to get over that certain sad thing I was troubling myself about (it’s a secret actually).

We just kept on laughing until more people came and finally Clemen and others arrived to fetch us. I was so glad to see my 2nd year babies; Che, NiƱa, Fatima and Bo. Everyone was still having Post Youth Camp madness and everyone is still high for God. At Aldrin’s house we were welcomed warmly. All the YFC members were ofcourse very used to visiting homes and it was not long before everyone is already comfortable to make some noise.

As we were eating, we also had the time to share jokes and wild experiences. Most of my batchmates were clumped together but I decided to hang around the sophies since we had a lot of catching up to do. I really had fun talking to them. They are a bunch of crazy students who have very distinct personalities. As, Che was so busy talking about Kuya Al’s crazy jokes, we were laughing our hearts out and everyone seems to be so close to each other. When, the world started to become silent I noticed that the sky that night was red. Kent made some nerdy explanation for such phenomena but he said that it is a sign for some sort of happiness.

Finally, another pictorial session came and as usual, the YFC people were craving for some exposure. We were clumping together like crazy and everyone tried to make a nice pose inspite the lack of space. I even spilled some coke (or was it pepsi?) on Wej’s hair, imagine that. We were getting noisier than ever and our poses were getting wilder. Jesryl even carried me around to have some drama or whatever. It was a damn crazy evening.

Then suddenly the noise was broken by a sudden call of silence… it was time for the praise and worship. We made a circle and began the holy moment with a sign of the cross and spontaneous worship to God. At that moment, we were no longer the wild and crazy students that we were just a few moments ago. We were already the well behaved human beings who were focusing our full attention to the grater force which binds us all. Two fast songs and one slow song were sung and the solemnity of the evening can be felt as the rhythm of the guitar pierces my heart. It was the time that I was able to reflect about the things that happened through the day and of how God helped me surpass every trial that happened. The whole time, I just kept my eyes closed and prayed with all my heart that things will be ok for everyone. Finally, the praise and worship session ended and when I opened my eyes, I was welcomed by a whole bunch of people crying.

Everyone was hugging each other. I even wondered why, and when I asked Margie, she said that she was so sad that all these would have to end when we enter college. I also talked to some sophies and when they told me about how they will miss me, I started to cry as well. I am easily moved, that I really hate it when I cry. I cry like a child and everyone was laughing at me because instead of comforting them, I simply joined their crying session. I even cry more tearfully than everyone else and it was so damn sad. I just realized that I spent so much good times with all my friends in Philippine Science that it seems to be unimaginable to leave all these behind. I would even have to leave my bestfriend (Verge) here in Davao, so that I can study in Ateneo de Manila. I would still have some Pisay friends there but it would still be different. I also realized that I just became close to the sophies this youth camp and it breaks my heart to know that I won’t be seeing them anymore. If only we knew each other earlier and if only we had the chance to spend more time together… maybe things would have been better. It was just so unfair because so much time was wasted and all these happy times would have to end so instantly. I just cried and hugged them all, and hope that the other Pisay babies who were not able to come will also know how happy I am that I was given the chance to be part of their service team for their youth camp. Well God has a reason for everything, thus we would just have to accept whatever it is He is planning for us.

And so, the night had to move on, we had the honoring session for the birthday boy, Aldrin. Some people were still crying that time because we just can’t get over the sadness. I tried not to cry any further so that I can set a good example to the youngsters. We shared a lot of good things about Aldrin, and even though I don’t know him that much, I do wish him happiness in his life. We also shared some last words of wisdom to the babies since they will be the ones to take the responsibility of the YFC in Pisay, and so the thoughts of leaving the school hunted us all which caused more tears to fall.

The sophies had to leave earlier but they promised to come to our graduation. The rest of us hanged around for some last minute bonding. It was really a roller coaster ride of emotions. I never laughed and cried that much for one day. That night was so memorable and I was really happy. The sky indeed has a reason for being red.

When I got home, I texted my babies and told them about how happy I am to be able to share God’s love to them. My Pisay days may end but our friendship and the memory of that night will last forever… so as the love of God and His presence in my heart.

1 comment:

Bitz said...

I loved that night, din.

Di ko talaga ma-expect na ma-miss tayo ng mga second year friends natin that much. So much na that I wanna come back, like every semester. ^_^

We're going to miss you all, mga second year! You took a chance with the camp and look what happened. Thank you with all my/our heart/s for the experience!

Babalik kami talaga, assured. ;D.

At, oh yeah, Kim...penge pics?